Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Manual and Automation
Job Description: Java Automation Engineer (QA)
Micro Focus is looking for an experienced Java Automation Engineer –with previous experience of testing Cloud based and Complex Business projects. The candidate should have technical acumen and should be flexible enough to train and adapt to new technologies. Experience within both V Model and Agile is a must. Role would be based in IT Build and Deliver function primarily responsible for handling new projects/latest tech stack. Team will also be responsible for end-to-end product delivery from quality standpoint.
Micro Focus is an international company with offices and employees in many locations around the world. As such, there is a significant amount of work across time zones and differing cultures. The ability to work on distributed teams with customers from all regions of the world is essential.
- Envision a clear Automation approach that supports our Product & Engineering Roadmap
- Identify Industry Best Practices, Tools and Technologies that suits best to the product technology stack.
- Will have to closely work with Development, Engineering & Business Stakeholders to define/enhance the Automation frameworks and direction that fits with our overall Engineering Roadmap.
- Ability to develop/enhance an automation framework around Continuous Integration using Test Driven Development methodology.
- Direct Automation team for Coding and Design Best practices – Development of Automated Frameworks using Java and frameworks like Protractor/REST Assured or building ground- up.
- As a Technical Mentor for Automation should be team driving better coverage while resolving technical issues.
- Deploy and maintain CI/ CD infrastructure.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed systems and environments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or another related discipline.
- 5-8 years of work experience in Product Quality Engineering/ Automation Specialist Role
- Solid Experience with designing and building End to End Automation Framework & tools integration using Object Oriented Designs Strong hands on with object oriented and scripting languages Java, Python and Windows/ Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Selenium or Protractor for Automating Web Based Applications and have CI pipeline
- Solid Experience with Backend Automation like REST APIs, General programming knowledge – object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, remote debugging etc.
- Advanced familiarity with Linux OS and develop Advanced Shell scripts for configuration, deployment, and validation of system.
- Work experience on Micro Services architecture, Dockers, AWS etc
- Work experience on Role and Profile based test automation, Product testing, data integrity testing would be preferred.
- Hands on experience with boundary value analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Negative testing, and exploratory testing would be added advantage.
Familiarization with below tools (at least two) –
- GitHub, Fortify, Maven, JBehave, Cucumber, Java/Selenium, Ruby, Eclipse, Jenkins/Bamboo, XRAY, SVN/GIT, ANT etc.
- Strong coding, problem solving and debugging skills, strong programming skills in Core Java/Python
- Passionate about technology and software quality.
- Expertise on QA methodologies, process, and tools. Hands on experience of using tooling for Test Case Management, Defect Management and Task Management is required in this specifically Jira and XRAY is preferred.
- Previous Experience in handling SaaS based application testing and periodic SaaS Application upgrade testing is desirable. Experience on Product Testing.
- Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude and a strong sense of urgency. A strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive lasting stakeholder impact.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices relating to Automation, Continuous Improvements, CI-CD pipeline, analytics, and Insights generation.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- High commitment to quality & QC processes.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and flexibility to think outside the box and even outside automation as needed.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high- pressure environment. Experience working in a team- oriented, collaborative environment. Motivated and self- driven
- Ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the platform and all related applications, systems, and processes.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status