Software Design Engineer
Who We Are:
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace.That’s high tech without the drama.
Software Design Engineer
Micro Focus is seeking a Software Engineer to work on the design and implementation of a large scale, highly distributed server protection solution. Qualified applicants will have 4+ years of experience.
This Software Engineer will report into the Manager of the Data Protector product development team, work across engineering disciplines, participate in requirements specifications, and contribute to the design, implementation, qualification, and delivery of components assigned.
The ideal candidate needs to be forward-looking and pragmatic in solving problems and must have excellent communication skills.
- Participate in requirements specifications
- Document designs and functionality
- Contribute to the design, implementation, qualification, and delivery of all components associated with the solution’s management back-end
- 4+ years in a developer position working with C and C++
- Solid design skills; OOM/OOD, patterns, etc.
- Experience building large scale and highly distributed applications
- Experience building applications on top of Windows and Linux platforms
- Use of standard development tools; source control, IDE, unit test, etc.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices
- Exposure to a formalized Software Development Life Cycle process, Agile methodologies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Desire to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing with Java / C#
- Experience building applications on top of UNIX platforms; Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, etc.
- Knowledge of the data protection business space
- Experience or exposure to Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hypervisor, etc.) and Cloud technologies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status