We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Responsible for executing and supervising the SDF process
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- The ability to interpret the Group&rsquos financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Scrum team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Wealth Management & PvB COO
- Business & Technology Managers
- Segment Business Heads
- This role holder will provide management and oversight in the following areas:
Implementation of specified capabilities using the agile framework covering RM and Client solutions across PvB and WM
Drive adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software design and engineering practices
Lead project / scrum team in design methods and principles
He / she will work with business and technology teams (including Digital Channels) to establish frameworks for delivery of online capability to clients via web or through relationship management tools
He / she will ensure that the risks, issues, costs and schedules are appropriately managed following agile principles. Also that progress is tracked and communicated to internal and external stakeholders using visual management techniques
He / she will work with technology teams to co-ordinate development and create a delivery pipeline across multiple streams
He / she
- Make sure that the Scrum framework is followed and understood with desired outcome by the team
- Roles and responsibilities are understood by the Scrum team
- Optimise the value created by the Scrum team
- Ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible
- Help the Scrum Teams understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items
- Ensure the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
- Coach developers in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Support the developers to create high-value products: quality as a non-tradeable asset and best design as a principle
- Make sure that the Sprint Events are followed and effective. Facilitate the events.
- Those performing the work and those inspecting the resulting increment must share a common definition of "Done" and &ldquoUndone&rdquo
- Inspire the Scrum teams
JIRA will be adopted as a standard for issue and risk management, and the management of product backlog and inventory. The role holder will be responsible for rollout of this tool to the Wealth T&I team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Scrum Master (PSM I and II or equivalent)
- Product Owner certification (PSPO or equivalent)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.