Qualcomm India Private LimitedJob Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware EngineeringJob Overview:
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
GENERAL SUMMARYPlans, designs, and develops electronic systems, circuits, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems, and/or DSP systems. Conducts simulations and analyses of designs. Develops emulation solutions. Evaluates, characterizes, and develops the manufacturing solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes. Interfaces with various cross-functional teams (e.g. Designers, Software/System Engineering, Architecture Development, Business Groups, Customers, Customer Engineering) to drive and incorporate the latest test solutions in the production program to improve the yield, test time, and quality. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, and techniques used in production.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under some supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
• May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops basic to moderately complex features and components of hardware designs in line with product proposals or roadmaps, with minimal supervision from more experienced engineers.
• Applies basic design rules and processes for electronic hardware, equipment, and/or integrated circuitry independently.
• Reads device specification sheets and interprets common details required to design various hardware features.
• Identifies basic ways to optimize tests and/or hardware designs by evaluating device performance over a limited range of operating conditions and configurations.
• Assists in the assessment of complex design features to identify potential flaws (e.g., electrical, mechanical, hardware), compatibility issues, and/or compliance issues with minimal supervision of more experienced engineers.
• Documents essential details about materials, components, chipsets, and assemblies for a device; records and tracks changes to design accurately.
• Troubleshoots common issues with product designs, suggests possible solutions, and documents lessons learned.
• Provides basic technical input and support for internal customers, with some supervision from more experienced engineers.
• Acts as a tech lead on small projects with minimal guidance from more experienced engineers and owns the outcome of the project.
• Provides accurate schedule in preparation of kick start to project.
• Seeks to continually learn about Qualcomm products.
• Seeks essential knowledge of industry trends, competitor products, and advances in various engineering fields from publicly available information; shows interest in a specific area of expertise
• Assists in conducting specialized analyses (e.g., feasibility studies, signal integrity, power integrity, teardown analyses) under the direction of more experienced engineers. Additional responsibilities may also include: Develops design implementation, analysis, methodology, flows, and automation for development and validation of System on Chip, electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, and packaging. Provides design solutions to evaluate, characterize and develop the design implementation solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes. Interfaces with various cross functional teams (RF, Analog and Digital IC designers, Software, System Engineering, Test Engineers, Customer Engineering, and Operations) to drive and incorporate the latest design solutions in the production program to improve yield, productivity, and quality.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Education:Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
Work Experiences:2+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
Work Experiences:4+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience. ,2+ years experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF). ,2+ years experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software. ,2+ years experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc.
Skills:Computer Science, DSP Architectures, Electrical Engineering, Optical Systems, Packaging Systems
Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to (mailto:[Confidential Information]subject=Accommodation%20Support)
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate).